Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Baker Hughes Award

Last Thursday Michael attend an award ceremony for Baker Hughes and he sent me some pictures. So I thought I would make a blog post about it and asked him to tell me a little about the award...and well...what he sent to me was a long paragraph that was basically Greek to me...so in hopes someone else will understand it I will post it....



"For the second consecutive year, Baker Hughes Drilling Fluids was recognized for its industry-leading technology at the World Oil Awards banquet on October 16th. The awards are an annual recognition event for Best-in-Class achievement in industry service and technology categories. Baker Hughes Drilling Fluids took home the Best Production Technology Award for its MICRO-CURE cased-hole remediation system. MICRO-CURE is designed to eliminate common near-wellbore damage mechanisms, allowing increased production rates and maximizing Operators’ return on investment. It was designed using BHDF’s advanced Mesophase technology to provide the industry’s most effective cased-hole remediation fluids solution. MICRO-CURE was selected for the award over several noteworthy finalists in the Best Production Technology category. A third-party advisory board, comprised of 17 senior industry executives and academics, and The Next Generation committee, comprised of 16 up-and-coming leaders in the petroleum industry, judged the nominees. BHDF’s TERRA-MAX high-performance water-based fluid system was a finalist in the Best Fluids category. Congratulations go to all of BHDF personnel who were instrumental in the development and successful introduction of these technologies.

I was there to represent the entire team who worked on this project."



Ok now on to the good stuff...Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!




Ghery (Michael's co-worker and good friend) & Michael

Some man & Michael

Alasdair & Trish Shiach (Michael's boss and his wife)

They are such a lovely couple!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah B H team! We are so proud of our #1 son (ok our only son)!

Go Mike....Go Mike!

Mom and Dad

MattandSara said...

Very cool! I like the "Michael and some man" one. Too bad you didn't get to go!

Amy Woods said...

Wow! I have no clue what any of that meant but it sounds very important! Congrats!!!

Dawn said...

"Michael and some man" was what Mike told me...so I thought I would post it...LOL.

And I didn't go...because I wasn't invited! yeah...I know...how rude!

M Holly said...

What great pictures and a great story (I guess!) :) Dawn, it's a shame you couldn't go. Why weren't you invited? Where was it held? It seems that if the boss's wife could go, you could go. Anyway, congrats to Baker Hughes!

A. Holly

Tiffany said...

Something to be proud of!! I noticed that Mike's boss is all decked out in formal kilt attire - is he Scottish?