Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Mike's Graduation

Now for the best day of the year...MIKE'S GRADUATION. Mike has been working on finishing his bachelor degree for about 2 1/2 years now and has finally finished. With lots of hard work and lots of sacrificing...he did it! And of course it was all worth it! (so now you see why I haven't blogged lately)

Mike graduated from University of Houston Downtown...and I forgot what his degree is in...(I will get back with you on that ) on Sunday, December 21st at 2:00. I am so proud of him for all of his hard work and dedication. He does want to go for his masters, but I think he is going to take a break.


After the graduation we went back home to have a little celebration with friends and family. Both, Mike and I, were overwhelmed with our family and friends who made an effort to celebrate with us. We are truly blessed to have such great family and friends. Mike's mom and dad come in from Lafayette, Louisiana and spent a couple of days with us and we very much appreciate them for doing that. Mike's Uncle Larry and Aunt Holly came down for the day from Midlothian, Texas to join us for the ceremony and party. My Aunt Nolia and Uncle Howard came from across Houston, my parents and brother and two sets of neighbors. I can't thank everyone enough for supporting and celebrating with us. I was truly overwhelmed with this wonderful day!










1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, I am just getting around to checking blogs again....

We are so very proud of Mike and his accomplishments. And, we are so thankful for you Dawn for making the sacrifices you have had to make so that he could work toward completing his education. We are thankful for Jacob and Allyse for having to put up with dad being so busy with homework and classes.
I hope Mike's vacation time gave ya'll enough time to be together as a family.
I know that he is thinking about working towards another degree...
in the long run this will really pay off!
Love to all of you!
Mom/Dianne/MeMe