Tuesday, June 3, 2008

First Blog

Ok here it goes...I have wanted to start a blog for sometime now and just haven't gotten around to it. Since we have moved to Texas and away from some of our family I thought now would be a great time to do it. This blog stuff is new to me so please bare with me if I make a mistake...and I am sure I will make lots!


I will start off with Jacob...
Jacob has 3 more days left of school and will be going into the 3rd grade next year. He has made all A's & B's this year and is doing great in school. He has continued to play in a baseball league since we have moved here. His baseball team is called the Scrappers. They have been together
since January of 2007. The team has stayed together since then, picking up and losing some on the way. He has played one season of soccer here in Spring, but would like to play Flag Football this Fall instead of soccer. So we shall see!
Jacob joined Cub Scouts this year for the first time and is LOVING every minute. Mike and Jacob went on a camping trip with the Pack on Labor Day weekend and had a blast! Allyse and I were unable to go because she had Strep Throat! Last Thursday he crossed over from a Wolf to a Bear. We are so proud of him!

Here are few pics of Jacob!

Photobucket
Photobucket


Allyse is probably the funniest person I know ( I know... that's bad that a 5 year old is the funniest person I know...but it is true). She just graduated from Pre-K, but was unable to make her graduation because she had Strep Throat. She will be going to "the big school" next year with Jacob and is VERY excited! She also played soccer last Fall and is hoping to play again this coming Fall. There are so many stories I could tell you about Allyse, but there is too many for me to write. So when she says or does something funny I promise I will post it!

Here are some pics of Allyse!

Photobucket

This pic is from "Donuts with Dad" at Pre K.

Photobucket

This pic was taken for "Muffins with Mom" at Pre K.

Photobucket

This pic was taken in August of last year.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Dawn, I am so glad that you have started a blog....this will be fun to read...

Looking forward to more pictures of Jacob and Alysse...you and Mike too!

Dianne

Amy Woods said...

SOOOOOO excited to have found your blog!! THank you Aunt Dianne! So I'll be checking in on you lots!! Yeah, so pumped!!

MattandSara said...

Yay!!! I, also, am glad you started your blog. Several of my cousins have them and I have loved keeping up with them this way. Welcome to blog-land!

M Holly said...

I'm so glad you are blogging. We don't have many from "our" side of the family, so it's good to keep up with you guys. Love the pics of your kids. They are growing so much. Now, we just need to get "busy" Michelle to blog!!
Aunt Holly

Wendy said...

Dawn,

Love your blog, love to see that your family is into reading it. My family just doesn't get the whole blog thing, I don't think they even look at mine. Thanks for adding me to your list of blogs that you enjoy. My blog is crazy, mostly scrapbooking things. I hope all is well, have you talked to Bronwyn lately? I haven't even seen their new house. Crazy, call us this summer when ya'll come visit. Maybe we can get together and let our kids play.

Wendy